Jade, like the rest of the core girls was designed by Carter Bryant who was inspired by a group of teenagers leaving Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri.
Carter's original description of Jade was an Asian girl, skinnier than her friends who enjoyed playing bass and studying classical violin and child psychology. 
Jade, like Sasha, plays a more secondary role. Whilst Yasmin and Cloe appear in almost every line, Sasha and Jade are often left out or replaced by other characters, such as Meygan or Dana.
Jade was born and lives in Stilesville, California. She attends Stiles High, is a singer in the punk-rock band, Rock Angelz and is one of the founders of Bratz Magazine where she works as the fashion editor.
Jade has pale skin and big brown eyes. Sometimes, her eyes are changed to green. Her long hair is jet black but is often streaked with different colors, mainly, green, blue, pink and purple. She often has bangs.
Jade has a unique, yet trendy, sense of style. She enjoys shopping at trendy boutiques and thrift shops and always manages to put together very cool outfits. Jade is the ultimate fashionista because of the way she takes chances with fashion and uses it to express herself.
Jade seriously has a passion for over the top fashion and breaking all the fashion rules, making her own path and doing what she wants. Jade's style can be described like alt fashion; divergent but also stylish.
Always on the cutting edge of cool, Jade is the ultimate fashionista. After checking out the latest fashion magazines, the trendiest boutiques, and the thrift shops, Jade always manages to put together looks that are unique and look like one ‘Kool Kat!’. Jade is described as a quirky and confident girl who is not afraid to stand out from the crowd as well as defining herself. She is a true trendsetter, always chases the next big adventure and makes a statement by just being who she is.
Main Article: Dylan and Jade
In Starrin' and Stylin', Jade and Dylan flirted with each-other throughout the movie, and at the end were crowned prom queen and king. Through the rest of the CGI series though, they remained friends.
Bratz Magazine confirmed in 2006 that Jade was dating Iden.
- Fave Color: Green
- Lucky Number: 11
- Fave Movies: Stylish Foreign Films
- Fave Books: I prefer fashion mags
- Fave Food: Sushi, because it looks so cool on a plate!
- Fave Smoothie: Strawberry
- Fave Music: Gwen Stefani
- Fave Class: Chemistry, because I like mixing elements together!
- Fashion Passion: Anything new and quirky cool
- Shoppin' Style: The coolest shops and the hippest styles
- Fashion Passion: Boldly colored prints and patterns – Always unexpected!
- Likes: Layering different prints, mixing my own nail polish colors or concocting a new perfume formula, imagining new outfits for my girls to wear, keeping up with my favorite fashion blogs, making my friends laugh ’til they’re rolling on the floor!
- My Friends Say I'm... Loud, funny and never boring!
- Fave Color: Emerald green
- Fave Food: Sushi! They’re colorful, cute and so delish!
- Love to Read: National Geographic or anything science- or nature-related!
- Love to Watch: Stylish foreign films
- School Subject: Chemistry...There’s science in fashion too, y’know!
- Shoppin' Splurges: The hottest nail polish colors of the season, perfume (I love figuring out how the scents are created!)
- My Perfect Day Would be: Getting a mani and pedi with my girls, seeing a cool foreign movie at the independent theater, then grabbing dinner at my fave sushi spot
- My Fave Pair of Shoes: My hot pink sneakers!
- My Quirks: I love piling on accessories...Sometimes I don’t know when to stop!
- Soleil Moon Frye in Rock Angelz, Genie Magic, Passion 4 Fashion Diamondz, Bratz (Season 1), Bratz: The Movie (video game).
- Jillian Thompson in Starrin' and Stylin', Bratz (Video Game).
- Alexandra Carter in Bratz Babyz: The Movie.
- Brittney Wilson in Fashion Pixiez.
- Nicole Muñoz in Sleepover Adventure.
- Britt Irvin in Super Babyz, Girlz Really Rock, Babyz Save Christmas, Pampered Petz, Desert Jewelz, Go To Paris, Bratz (Season 2).
- Kali Edmesto in Fairy Tales.
- Ratana Vox in Talking Bratz.
- Janel Parrish in Bratz: the Movie
- Fryda Wolff in C.I.Y. Shoppe
- "Hey, I’m Jade! I can spend hours at the chemistry lab, but I'm also into experimenting with my style and coming up with new outfits for my friends, too!"
- "Always on the cutting edge of cool, Jade's the ultimate fashionista! After checking out the latest fashion mags, the trendiest boutiques and the thrift stores, she always manages to put together looks that are completely unique and look like one 'Kool Kat!' Jade's wildly unique perspective is an inspiration to her friends. With a great sense of adventure and a hilarious sense of humor, Jade never takes herself too seriously, and that’s why her friends love having around."
- Jade is a girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "stone of the side".
- Despite her nickname being Kool Kat due to her likeness of cats, Jade is rarely ever seen with a cat in any of the movies.
For a full list of Artwork of Jade, check out "Gallery of Jade Artwork"
For a complete list of Jade dolls check out 'List of Jade Dolls & Appearances'.