Yasmin was originally named Lupe, she, like the rest of the core girls was designed by Carter Bryant who was inspired by a group of teenagers leaving Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri.
Carter's original description of Yasmin was a Hispanic girl named Lupe who had the nickname Princess. Yasmin has appeared in every single Bratz movie except Lil' Bratz Party Time and is the second most produced doll behind Cloe.
Yasmin was born and lives in Stilesville, California. She attends Stiles High and volunteers at an animal shelter on the weekends. She is a singer in the punk-rock band, Rock Angelz, the pop group, Space Angelz, and is one of the founders of Bratz Magazine.
As of 2021 she has a horoscope segment on the Talking Bratz daytime talk show hosted by Felicia.
Yasmin has brown skin, and usually long light brown hair, although the color depends on the line/movie she is, as she, along with the other girls is known to dye her hair constantly, add and remove highlights and wear wigs. She has pretty brown eyes and a beauty mark on her left cheek.
Yasmin has what she describes as a 'bohemian' style. She loves prints and neutral colors, earth tones and mixing fabrics and textures. She likes thrifting and mixing vintage clothing with newer pieces.
Yasmin can be quiet, but she is a talented writer with a love for animals. Yasmin is feminine, glamorous, and stylish and always there for her friends. Even though there is something almost regal about her, Yasmin is not pretentious; she is open-minded and loves alternative trends in fashion, fitness, and beauty.
In the movie Pampered Petz, Yasmin explains that her parents met at a club where Mambo band Rico & Dolores were playing.
Yasmin's best friends are Sasha, Cloe and Jade, but she is also close with Eitan, Vinessa, Dana, Nevra, Meygan and Roxxi. Yasmin is very popular, open and loving to all so she has many good friends including Kumi, Felicia, Vinessa, Maribel, Dylan, Koby, Cade, Cameron, Raya, Sharidan and Katia.
Main Article: Eitan and Yasmin
Eitan and Yasmin have been linked together throughout multiple pieces of media.
Promotional images of Yasmin and Koby dancing together were featured on his Formal Funk doll box. They are seen holding hands on the back of Yasmin and Koby's Flashback Fever doll boxes and in promotional images.
Yasmin dated Braden sometime in her early teens, before Gable and Eitan.
Dylan sometimes flirts with Yasmin. In the live-action movie they have a relationship, but this is considered non-canon to the rest of the series.
- Nickname: Pretty Princess
- Fave Color: Earthtones (Autumn Shades)
- Lucky Number: 7
- Fave Movies: Romantic Comedies
- Fave Books: Chick-lit with happy endings
- Fave Food: Thai, Mediterranean, anything ethnic!
- Fave Smoothie: Apple
- Fave Music: Black-Eyed Peas
- Fave Class: Creative Writing
- Fashion Passion: Blending different styles into a graceful glam look
- Shoppin’ Style: Bargain Hunter
- Fashion Passion: Vintage bohemian style with tons of texture and earth tones
- Likes: Combing the thrift store racks for vintage dresses and reconstructing them into new and fab pieces, writing and singing songs, being on stage, doing yoga or pilates for some relaxing exercise
- My Friends Say I'm...: I might be quiet off-stage, but I’m a star when I’m in the spotlight!
- Fave Color: Honey yellow
- Fave Food: Pasta or anything Italian and Mediterranean
- Love to Read: Romance novels with fairy-tale endings...I can’t deal with sob stories!
- Love to Watch: Chick flicks
- School Subject: Creative writing, music
- Shoppin' Splurges: Vintage dresses! I seriously have waaaay too many
- My Perfect Day Would be: Getting an early start with a yummy breakfast, then checking out what’s new at all my fave vintage boutiques
- My Fave Pair of Shoes: Vintage wedge heels!
- My Quirks: I'm a shopaholic…I once shopped for 12 hours straight!
- Dionne Quan in Rock Angelz, Rock Angelz (Video Game), Genie Magic, Passion 4 Fashion Diamondz, Bratz go to Paris and Bratz (Season One)
- Maryke Hendrikse in Bratz Babyz: The Movie, Fashion Pixiez, Super Babyz, Girlz Really Rock, Babyz Save Christmas, Pampered Petz, Desert Jewelz and Bratz (Season Two)
- Bridgette Taylor in Sleepover Adventure
- Claire Renaud in Fairy Tales
- Nataasja Saint-Satyr in Bratz (Video Game
- Janice Kawaye in Starrin' and Stylin
- Nathalia Ramos in Bratz: the Movie.
- Valeria Rodriguez in Talking Bratz
- Heidi Gardner in C.I.Y. Shoppe
- "Hey! My name is Yasmin! My fashion passion is Bohemian-clothes in earth-tone colors and awesome textures! My friends call me “Pretty Princess” because I rule!"
- "Hi, I'm Yasmin, but my friends call me "Pretty Princess" because I royally rule! My fashion passion is earthy, vintage and free-spirited. I might be a bit shy, but my regal style reigns supreme!" 
- Yasmin as a girl's name is of Arabic and Persian origin meaning "jasmine flower".
- Yasmin loves Yoga and meditation. She can be seen meditating on the plane in Rock Angelz and doing yoga on the plane in Bratz: Go to Paris.
- Yasmin can speak Spanish, as she has performed some songs in Spanish in the past.
- Yasmin is the only one of the Original Bratz not to cry in an episode of the series.
- Faithfully, there are a lot of hints that Yasmin is half-Jewish. In the live action movie she refers to her grandmother as 'Bubbie' which is the Yiddish word for grandmother.
- Yasmin is a Leo.
- In Slumber Party, Yasmin states she doesn't like talking about people behind their back.
- In the same episode Yasmin states she had a conscientious objection to violence, despite being in fights many times throughout the series, most promptly when she fights the villain in Bratz: Go to Paris.
For a full list of Artwork of Yasmin, check out "Gallery of Yasmin Artwork"
For a complete list of Yasmin dolls check out 'List of Yasmin Dolls & Appearances'.